My Childhood Memories

Have you ever had those dreams were you wake up screaming covered in sweat well that’s what happens to me every night since I was 7. I am now 15 so 8 years ago since my life changed forever. It was a warm Monday morning in July I woke up happy wishing I just went back to sleep I woke up to the sound of fighting. I walk down the hallway and slowing open the door just enough for me to see what’s going on. I see my dad talking to my mother but I can tell something isn’t right I see my mother on the couch crying. They must have been the ones yelling my dad ends up leaving I haven’t seen him since then. To this day I have not seen my Dad I’ve lived with my mother for 4 years the other 4 years I’ve lived with my Grandmother and Grandfather who have had to look after me while mother went away to sort herself out I think she just left me behind I didn’t think she was coming back. I found out last year she was missing for 3 months and was found dead after those 3 months. I lost everyone I ever cared about so I never had a very good childhood. I’m now in grade 9 and when people have asked me for my life story I never know what to say I hate to bum people out so I had to make up a story. Last year I said my parents were in America to visit family and this year I said my parents were in for 15 years learning the French culture people thought it was pretty cool my parents were in Paris. For most of my life I haven’t even been with my mother and dad but yet I made them sound like amazing people I wish they were here with me. My second day in grade 9 wasn’t the best start my Drama teacher told us to portray a childhood memory of us and our parents. Since everyone thought I had my whole life with them they thought oh hers will be good. I walked up in front of my whole drama class and say I remember a Christmas with my family gathered around our Christmas tree ( keep in mind I had no idea what the hell I was going on about ) we hand out our presents and as the last present is handed out the family laughs and giggles. We pass around the egg nog and sing of Christmas cheer that’s a memory I will never forget…

My whole class stands up and cheers that has always been my dream Christmas my normal Christmas is full of crying, screaming, more crying and a mess everywhere. Sounds like a fun day doesn’t it?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!