The Chase

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

I walked out of the grocery store and onto the streets. I looked around and I noticed a very suspicious man staring straight at me creepily. And then he ran at me so I ran too. I barged into the door of a skyscraper and started pounding up the stairs, pushing people out of the way. Sweat was streaming down from my forehead like a waterfall, than I reached the top. I looked over to the next building and then after that building there was no more buildings but instead there was a lake I kept running. I saw the ledge.
Time slowed, seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours. All because of one decision, should I jump or fight?
I jumped.
I flailed my arms and legs. There’s no way I can make it to the roof I thought. With the last of my hope, I leaned back and started kicking my legs in case I hit any glass. ‘Please break the glass,’ I thought.
I closed my eyes. I hit the glass. It didn’t break.
I started falling and I got hit in the head by someone’s balcony.’ No I will not lose my consciousness,’ I thought to myself. I gripped on to the last bit of consciousness I had left and grabbed on to another balcony. I tried to stay conscious, knowing that if I didn’t, I’d die.
I crawled over and I kicked into the glass and it smashed. I ran through the hallway. I reached the end of the hallway and without thinking, I shielded myself with my arms and jumped out the window in front of me. I knew he had just jumped down after me, I could hear him.
I dived for the water. I was traveling extremely fast and then I hit the water. I’m swimming for my life not knowing when or where it would end. I kept going but I knew I would black out real soon. I’m 5 metres away. I scrambled onto land, trying to run as far with my bruised and cut body as I could. But in a moment’s notice, I blacked out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!