I Like Big Bats And I Can Not Lie.

Carl Wayne pulled his fat body off the couch and took six stiff steps to his closet.
“Where are you?” Carl muttered to himself as he fished through the small closet for his suit. “There you are.” He pulled out his custom made Batman suit and held it against his body. The garage door opened and then closed, Carl checked his watch, 9:30, that must have been Rachel leaving for work. Carl pulled down a ladder from the trap door and exited the basement. He was greeted by his second best friend Alfred.
“I hope that was Rachel?” Carl whispered.
“Sarah.” Alfred corrected.
“Same thing Alfred.”
“My name is Albert.” Albert muttered.
“I’m going to visit Jeremy, see you in a few hours okay?” Carl waved.
“I hate you.” Albert murmured.

Carl put on his suit and hopped into his custom made Bat-mobile, it was his pride and joy but it did put him in serious debt which he would be working off for years to come. He sped all the way to the hospital except for the stretch along the mountain which Carl was terrified of. He reverse parked and walked into the hospital.
“Hey Jeremy.” Carl said in a very deep Batman tone.
“Hey Bats.” Jeremy laughed weakly.
“Where are your parents?” asked Carl.
“Getting coffee.” Jeremy said.
Jeremy was 14 years old and had a terrible condition of Cardiovascular Disease. He was lucky to be alive after two recent cardiac arrests. Jeremy also had bad asthma, allergies to nuts (including traces), dogs, dust mites and gluten. But he remained optimistic and hopeful. Carl loved this about him, no matter what happened he was just so confident. Something Carl lacked sometimes.
“I’ll be right back.” Said Carl.
Carl walked to the men’s room, did his business and then went back to Jeremy. Who was choking and gasping for air.
“JEREMY! HELP! I NEED A NURSE! SOMEONE HELP!” Almost instantly, a flock of nurses raced into the room all splitting up to work on different areas to save Jeremy.
Carl never told anyone, but, he had always wanted to be a doctor. So Carl started doing CPR. He performed repetitive compressions on Jeremy’s chest while the nurses set up the defibrillator. They were so calm and relaxed, while Carl was almost as stressed out as Jeremy. Then, suddenly, Jeremy stopped breathing- The doctor charged up the defibrillator and yelled:
“CLEAR!” Jeremy’s body jolted, but no sign of breathing, “CLEAR!” Still no response, Come on Jeremy, please! “CLEAR!” Jeremy’s eyes opened as he gasped for air.
“JEREMY?!” Mr and Mrs Grayson ran into the hospital room and hugged him. “You’re okay!”
Carl stood back and smiled. Even though Carl was dressed like a super hero, Carl had never really felt like one until this moment, he had called for help and started CPR which helped save Jeremy.
“Jeremy?” Carl started. “Would you like to be Robin?”
“It would be an honour Bats.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!