Broken Finger

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Bills mum was horrified as she watched Bill play like a zombie. He had been playing for three hours straight.” “Bill have you finished your homework.” “No.”Bill muttered
Sister comes in. “Why don’t you ever do your homework?” asked his sister “From now on I will do my study.” “But what if you don’t.” “If I don’t then I will not go to next week semi-final cricket match.” “OK, this is what we do, if you get over 85% on Thursday test I will let you go but if you don’t well you know the rest.

For the next three days Bill studied hard. On Thursday it was a rainy day. I will never concentrate when it is this loud Bill thought. But he fortunately got passed the test. “Phew, I actually got past it.” It had 50 questions and 40 minutes to answer them. On the next Monday the scores came in “Ooh, this is so exciting.” Bill started doing the drum-roll. Bill’s mum said “Good job Bill, you got 84% but no worries I will still drop you to cricket “Yes”… unless you study
.”
On Saturday Bill won his cricket match “Yes, we won, I mean it is recognizable.” When Bill got home he told his sister the great news. He told but again like usual she didn’t really care. His sister was actually really annoyed. “Bill, I think that you are way too focused in cricket and not in study.” said his sister. Bill told his mum, that his sister was getting really annoyed for no reason. His mum told Bill that she isn’t really getting annoyed; she just wants to make your school record better.

The next day Bill was very excited. “I can’t wait to go mining In Bathurst.” Bill's mum said “Bill most likely you are not going mining cause 1st reason you are going there to learn about Bathurst, 2nd reason is you are WAY too weak to mine, you weigh like 25kg. Bill didn't really care, he was still happy that he got to go because some people don’t get to go cause of dumb reasons.

At Bathurst Bill met his uncle. “Hello Uncle Pete, do you work here?” his uncle squelched back “ Yes and I am going to be touring you today” “Only me or the rest of the people.” “I am going to be teaching other people too.” “Yes!” exclaimed. Bill later on got too excited and while cricket with other people he hurt his finger. “Does it hurt?” “A bit but I think I can deal with it.”

Bill went to the X-ray and they said it was fractured and there was a little chip. It was the first time he had broken his little finger. He was really annoyed but sad at the same. He was sad because he couldn't play anymore. After 4 weeks his finger was better. But that is when bad luck struck it hit his finger again.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!