THE OLD FISHERMAN'S TREASURE

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Once there lived an old fisherman who was always grumpy and sad. This was because his lovely wife died in a car accident. One day a man approached him and said “Hi, I am Jack. Your wife had a secret that she said should be told to you after she dies. She wants you to find her ancestor’s treasure.”
He old man sits down and thinks before the man continues. “You are to find her ancestor’s treasure and use it for the good of the community, plus you get to keep some of it.”
The fisherman says “Do I get any leads or something to help me find it?”
The man replies “Yes she said that her ancestor was buried in the lake where you fish every day.”
The fisherman replies “OK that does not sound hard.”
“Ah there’s a catch, she lived in 1215 and there was no lake when she lived” he replies.
“OK I will recruit some stuff and report to you in two weeks” says the old fisherman.
“OK see you in two weeks bye” said the man.
“Bye” said the old fisherman.
TWO WEEKS LATER
“Hi again” said jack. “Hello” said the fisherman. “So how are things going, have you got your stuff you need yet?” Said jack. “No but I have some people getting the stuff for me” said the fisherman. “OK well I am here to give you some extra money just in case though” said Jack. “Thanks now I will be going back to work” said the fisherman.
FOUR WEEKS LATER
“Yes, yes, yes! I have found her burial site now I need an excavation team this is going well” said the fisherman.
“Good work we are so close, remember use the money for the good of the community” said Jack. The fisherman said “Yeah, yeah, yeah I will, I will.”
THREE MONTHS LATER
“We have uncovered the treasure but there is too much for this boat to hold” said Jack.
The fisherman replies with “So we make trips up and back up and back.”
“OK and after the first trip I will guard the treasure in an abandoned warehouse OK?” Asks Jack.
“OK” the fisherman replies.
As the fisherman goes back to the warehouse all the treasure has been stolen by Jack. The fisherman has been betrayed.
ONE WEEK LATER
The entire world’s police are on the hunt for Jack but he is not found. So sad that he lost the treasure he uses all his money to buy an island. When he gets there he sees a building. Inside he sees Jack. The fisherman runs back to the plane and takes off for the closest place with a police station. Eventually the police arrive and take Jack away and the sad and grumpy fisherman turns happy. All of the money and treasure goes to help the poor and the fisherman lived happy for the rest of his life.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!