Happy Riding Hood

There once was a little girl who lived in a small house with her lovely mother Alice. Her favourite colour was red, her favourite thing to do was visit her grandmother everyday and her favourite food was obviously cookies. Little Red Riding Hood loved to visit her loving grandmother mostly everyday she could. She would usually go in the afternoon. She gave her cookies to eat, a hug to comfort her and a big bunch of flowers for her to smell each and every day. Riding Hood was a very adventurous person who liked to go outside and enjoy the fresh air. One time, her grandmother was sick and Little Red gave her as much company as she could to make her feel better. Little Red was very curious when walking in the woods because she thought that something terrible was going to happen. She imagined snakes climbing through her legs, a wolf scaring her, and wood tripping her over. When she would get scared, she would scream really loud and her uncle the woodchopper could memorise her roaring voice and that’s when he steps in to help out..

In the woods, at 5:00pm, Little Red Riding Hood was happily skipping like she always did, though she heard a noise that was quite unusual. She thought it was a rat and had a look. She was petrified of what she saw. It was very unlikely to be a rat because it was full of energy, atrocious, enormous in size and it was always hungry. What does that mean? The fox jumped at her saying “Where are you going little girl?” in a very deep voice. Red Riding Hood stared at the fox and replied “to my granny’s house.” Felix the fox was thinking about doing something. Something that was horrible. He was planning to switch himself into her grandmother’s place and act like her, look like her and sound like her. Before she started to walk, Felix got a mask that looked like the grandmother and changed his voice into a high pitch. When Little Red arrived she cried “Granny, Granny, may I come in?” Well, he replied “Oh, of course little one.” When Red opened the door and stepped in, she queried “What do you have for me today” Little Red noticed something....
Red Riding Hood was saying things about her big eyes, ears, nose, mouth. Things like that. Then Felix really wanted the cookies, so he jumped up exactly the same he did to her before. She panicked and screamed as loud as she could.

Her uncle was chopping the wood and heard the signal of her little niece. He quickly rushed to her voice. He was shocked of what he saw. Uncle Billy took his belt of his waist and whipped it at Felix. It really hurt though he deserved that punishment and he learnt from his mistakes. After all the drama, everything returned to normal...until Red’s next trip through the woods!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!