Danger In The Bush

Danger in the Bush

Long ago in the dense thick bush north of the small, remote town of Weipa their lived an energetic, red kangaroo named john. John talks at a high speed and he has always been good at speaking in public. He hops at a lightning speed through the swaying trees. Dan was john’s best friend, well his only friend. They have been friends for years and years. With Dan being a dingo and John being a kangaroo, they were bullied quite a lot when they were young. But now they are the highest ranked kangaroo and dingo. Despite being to different species they couldn’t have gotten along any better. Dan was just like John. Dan talked at a rapid speed and was very confident. He was aster then the speed of sound. They both had a family to supply for.so they both set out to forage for food like they always do. But this time was very different.

John and Dan went far. They gathered as much as they could in the tie they had. When they set back for home they became surrounded by heavy smoke. Both could not see or smell anything but smoke. All they heard was the sound if cracking fire and trees falling left, right and centre on the scorched grass. Then ‘THUMP!’ A large tree fell on John’s long, brown tail, he screamed in envy. Dan couldn’t find John. Then all of a sudden Dan and John started feeling dizzy and then they fell on to the ground. They laid there unconscious. Long, red trucks with blue and red sirens appeared with men dressed in yellow at the ready with extended hoses to put the fire out. There were helicopters in the skies dropping a mysterious white substance over the blazing fire. It took a total of 40 firemen and 5 helicopters doing a run every ten minutes with the weird substance. It took a staggering 4 hours for the roaring blaze to be contained and it took another 2 hours to bet the red flames down and out. John and Dan was found moments after the blaze was out. The fire may have been over but John and Dan’s ride wasn’t over yet. They were rushed to the vet immediately. After what seemed like forever John and Dan came out of the operating theatre. John suffered a broken tail, smoke inhalation and severe burns and could be released back in to the wild once he has healed. Dan however suffered brain damage due to a tree falling on his head and severe burns too.

John was realised 3 months after the tragic accident but john didn’t want to leave his friend. He wanted him to get better. So every night he manages to slip through the gate and he then give Dan an ancient medicine that was used in indigenous tribes for centuries after 2 very short years Dan became healthy and was then released back in to the wild.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!