Tears

I could feel my hand on her stomach and feel Taylor wheezing in and out. I could feel my eyes flooding with tears, I sniffle and sit down. My mum walks into room the anxiety the bubble in my chest grows bigger I ask my mum what the nurse said. I see her eyes welling up with tears. I stand up and peacefully walk over to her, a tear runs down her soft cheek. “She didn’t deserve it,” I cried. “I know.” As we walk towards the hospital bed the doctor walked in the room. He had a pen and paper and was taking notes off the medical machines.
As I walk towards the car in huddled in my mum’s arms and tears in my eyes, the rain lands on our soaked heads. Mum couldn’t get a closer park, but I’m okay with it. It gave me time to think. Time to think about things like what if the car hadn’t hit Taylor and what would happen if we lost Taylor for good. Mum unlocks the car and we both bundle in. I look at mum and she puts her hand on top of mine, our eyes are too dry to cry anymore.
The car drive home was silent; all I could hear was the sound of the pattering rain hitting the windscreen. The car halts and I realize that were back at our petite family home. I slowly open the weighty car door and drag myself out. I flop onto my bead and burst into tears, I hear my mum sobbing in the kitchen. In the kitchen I lightly hug my mum and we walk over to the couch. We feel the same way. We didn’t eat dinner, our stomachs were to unsteady and we were too emotional to eat. That night I hardly got a wink of sleep, I twisted and turned all night.
I skipped school that day and went with mum to the hospital to see Taylor. I wasn’t crying as much today but that was mainly because I got all of my fluid out yesterday. Mum and I walked straight past the front desk and headed towards the elevator. Nothing could stop me when we reached the right floor a came sprinting out of the elevator running past all the other rooms on the floor trying not to look at all of the other sick patients. Once I reached the right room I stopped and caught my breath.
I sat at the end of Taylor's uncomfortable bed, I was sorry that she had to lay here in a coma for so long. Mum reached the room shortly after, she didn’t want to run because she didn’t want to be disrespectful to the other patients, I didn’t care. We must have been waiting there for hours. A doctor was in there most of the time we were. Mostly everything was silent except for the repetitive machines beeping. The beeping got louder and Taylor's eyes flickered open.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!