The Haunted Bridge

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Hi, I am Lilah and I am in Year 3. One day, I was walking down the garden path and I saw a bridge. Not just any ordinary bridge, a haunted bridge. I was so scared, my stomach was flooded with butterflies because it had spiders, and I felt sick. I was running as fast as I could but then out of nowhere, a ghost showed up out of the bushes, Ahhhhh!!!
The next morning I was in a strange place. “Where am I?” I said in a loud voice. Someone called out my name. “Who is that? Who is there?” “It's me, the haunted bridge.” “You got me here. What did you do to me?” “Nothing!” “What do you mean you did nothing? Send me back home! Why are you keeping me here? I need to go back home!” I started to get nervous now. I thought I would never get home. “You are not going anywhere,” the voice shouted in a low and trembling voice. “I want to see mum and it is my best friend’s birthday, I have to go!” ”Well if you would be quiet, I’ll let you go,” said the Ghost who was trying to think. Unfortunately though, by the time I got back, the party was finished. Nooooooo!!! I was so sad!
The next day a ghost showed up again and asked if we could be friends. We played on the slide and we did everything together, it was so fun. Every day they played together everywhere. It was the best day ever and they had the best sleepover ever and they had the best dinner ever, Apple crumble.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!