I AM NOT ALONE

The deep blue ocean lies before my eyes with its mesmerizing beauty. Right from my childhood I believed that all creations of God has its own soul. The ocean has its own soul and I was wondering if its soul is weeping out sorrows like me. Today sitting alone on these sands with my broken heart, I think what brings me out here? As I looked to the infinity of the sea, my past memories rushed into my mind. I could see a small girl walking through the sands. She was struggling to keep her balance as she was only learning to walk. Each time when she had a terrible fall her mother rushed to hold her and at last she was free to walk by her own. As the girl sat on her mother’s lap enjoying the tiny waves that washed her feet, her mother told her the stories of love and peace.
That is how my mama, my living temple of god is. My mother and always spend our weekends on this shore. She once told me that if I ever want to leave my footprints on the sand. I should never drag my feet. So I kept each step confident and clear knowing that she will always be there by my side to catch me if I ever fail on my path.
I was wrong, she was gone, gone forever! “God needs an angel and he took your mother away.” That’s what they said, but I know it was just to keep me comfort. However god never knew that a part of mine was already died with my mother.
The huge waves banged the rocks causing tiny drops of water to fall on my face. I could taste the saline water and I remembered how curiously I asked my mother, “Who put salt in the sea?” She smiled and told me that ocean was filled with the tears of many people, who had wept on the shores. The ocean was generous as she took away the pain and sorrows of others and carried it by herself. I had no plans to visit the seashore after my mother’s death. But today I am here to bury my sorrows into the deep ocean. When I closed my eyes and thought, the beautiful days we had spent and sweet memories of our everlasting love… the pebbles rattled as the waves throw their weight against the shore. Slowly, I felt the pain of my heart ceasing.
Somehow I felt the warmth and care that only my mother could provide. I knew that I am not alone, her love for me shall never cease, as it is eternal. From somewhere far away from the world she was watching me. With my newly enlightened heart and soul; I got up and started walking. All my sorrows already became in the ocean and I am sure that I was not dragging my feet as each step was with confidence and each heart beat inspiring me to face the world. I heard the waves whispering me that: “Someday god will set everything right. So till then laugh at your confusion. Smile through your tears and keep reminding yourself that you are not alone in this world.’’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!