Sally's Gone Missing

“Who’s there?” shrieked Sally as a mysterious creature started crawling towards her. She was scared, shivering at the same time. She wanted her parents, but she was alone, by herself in the dark. “Mum!” she yelled again. But there was no reply. Slowly, Sally started walking backwards but the monster just kept on crawling towards her. She stopped as her back clashed against the rock behind her. It was a dead end. There was no use in climbing the huge rock behind her she thought. The deadly monster pounced onto her and in no time Sally was gone.

The next day Bethany, Sally’s mother woke up with a loud yawn. She rushed into Sally’s room with her cup of coffee and opened the door. She gasped and dropped her cup.
“Sally?” she hissed. She watched Sally’s empty bed and thought to herself, “last night I did ask her to pick the mushrooms. She must’ve wondered off into the woods! Oh no! I told her not to! There are a lot of treacherous monsters living there! But of course she wouldn’t listen.” Bethany rushed outside grabbing her old backpack that her grandma gave to her and hurriedly put on a yellow striped sweater over her fluffy pyjamas. Since they lived in the centre of the forest there was no way of getting the police. There was no time to waste. Bethany rushed into the woods but once she was in the woods she became confused. Where was she? “I forgot to bring my torch! How silly!” she shouted as she dumped all of her things onto the rough dirt. “I don’t even need this stuff!” She shouted. Her voice echoed through the trees. Suddenly, a pair of glowing red eyes appeared in front of her. “Who’s there?” she exclaimed. All of a sudden the monster leaped towards her. She stood there for a moment, shocked and then realised what was happening. She started running, following her footprints back to where her cottage was. Bethany did admit that she was a fast runner but the monster was definitely faster. He was catching up but she was almost there.

“Phew!” whispered Bethany out of breath. She believed she was safe in her house but she wasn’t. The aggressive monster destroyed the wooden house into pieces. “No!” Sally’s mother cried as she watched her house fall. But that wasn’t her major problem. She had to save her daughter, Sally. “What is the monster trying to do?” Bethany asked herself. “Maybe it’s …” but before she could finish her sentence there was a loud gobbling sound coming from the monster. “Oh no” she said turning around. The monster had eaten her old bag. Soon after the monster had consumed her old bag he spewed out Sally! The monster felt so sick that he ran away back into the woods.
“Thanks mum!” Sally said hugging her mum. Their home was ruined but it was easily repaired. “I’ll never wonder off again!” exclaimed Sally.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!