Cheemen Part 1

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

“Round 3…” The announcer said over the microphone to the massive 1 million viewers from around the globe. “Fight!” This rivalry between Joshua Kennedy and Mason McManus was the longest rivalry ever seen on television.

2 Hours Later…

“When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly, I pimp the beat, walking down the street in my new lafreak…” Joshua sings in sync with his Ipod, opening the backdoor to scare his kids, when he hears a strange voice coming from the lounge. “What’s going on, what happened?!”

“Felicity Hill, FBI we need you to come with us.” Agent Hill said, arms crossed like something happened to her and she needs Joshua’s help to fix it.

“But I haven’t done anything wrong, please I…” Begs Joshua, walking up to his wife and hugging her.

“Don’t worry Mr. Kennedy, we know you haven’t done anything, we need you for something.” Agent Hill tells Joshua

“Oh, ok. So what is it?” Joshua asks the agent in front of him. “Are you asking me to join the FBI on a special mission?”

“We should talk about this back at base.” Agent Hill requests.

“No, what is being said, is being said here.” Joshua’s wife demanded.

“Ok, you and your family should decide one what is to be done.” Agent Hill says. “In Peru, there have possible been sightings of people that are as fast as Cheetahs, and look like Cheetahs as well.”

“So they are half cheetah, half human?” Joshua asks.

“Technically… We need you, they are too fast for guns, but maybe not your hands.”

“But guns go, PEW, PEW, PEW, PEW, PEW! Daddys hands go pew… pew...pew, pew…” Joshua’s son explained.

“We know that, but they are half man,they know guns will… hurt them, but they won’t think that your dad will.”

“Jay Jay, how about you go to bed, i’ll come and tuck you in once I talk to dad.” Joshua’s wife says to Jay Jay.

“Oh,ok” Jay Jay agrees.

“I’ll go. I’d rather lose my life than let other lives be ended.” Joshua says. “ If I don’t come back, tell the kids I love them.”

“You made the right choice. A lot of people will be proud for what you are doing for them.”


10 years later…

“May I ask, what are you doing here in Peru?” Carlos asked for the third time in half an hour.

“For the third time, I’m searching for my father… Real father.” Jay Jay says. “ He was sent to fight… what were they… Cheemen.”

Once Jay Jay said that his father was fighting the Cheemen, there was an awkward silence between the two men that were standing side by side.

“Rumor has it that there was only one survivor, from America.” Carlos informed Jay Jay.

“But over one-hundred thousand Americans were enlisted to fight the mutants. What are the chances of the one survivor being my father.” Jay Jay asked, crossing his arms. Just then someone sat down beside the two boys.

“One Diet Coke please, oh, and your drinks are free for veterans, aren’t they.” The strange man said.

“What did you fight in?” Jay Jay asked, turning to the man.

“The battle between Cheemen and… Jay Jay?” The strange man asked.

“Dad?”


To Be Continued...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!