Never Be Afraid

"Have you packed my lunch," asked Janie in her mean voice? "Yes your lunch is packed," said Bec. “Did you give me some of your money for the canteen today?" "Did you do my homework," Janie asked?" "Yes here's your money," said Bec. “Yes your homework is done," said poor Bec. At school, Bec's teacher Mr Harvey said there was going to be a netball competition soon. Bec loved to play netball but her hopes were soon ruined by her older sister Janie. Janie said there was no use trying out because Bec would never make it. But Bec still did try out.
After school, Bec had to do homework and not just her homework her sisters too. The next day at school Bec told her best friend Hannah what was going on. But she got rudely interrupted by her sister asking if she could fix her hair because it was messy. That afternoon, Bec done her
homework at Hannah's house. She was sick of having to do her homework as well as Janie's. At school the next day, Mr Harvey announced who had made it to go to the netball competition. Bella May, Elizabeth Smith, Rebecca Jones. Bec had made it! She was so excited. To Bec's surprise, her annoying sister had made it too.
It was the day of the netball competition and Bec's mum drove her and her sister to the netball competition. At the competition, the umpire kept pulling Bec up for stepping and contact. "Stepping goal shooter, contact goal shooter." At the end of the game, the umpire came up to Bec and said,
"I saw how you played today even though your sister kept teasing you. But you didn't let it bother you." The umpire took off her hat. It was Laura Geitz! Laura asked Bec if she wanted to play for the Junior Australian Diamonds Netball Team. Bec was so excited. Now she plays for the Junior
Australian Diamonds Team. As for Janie, her mean sister, she got told off by her mum and can't play netball anymore because of what she did to Bec.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!