I Knew It!


I should have known this was a dreadful idea…

It all started when I decided I was ready to get revenge on mean, malicious Matilda. I was going to humiliate her for the rest of her life. I cringe now when I think back to that day.

Let me tell you a little about Matilda. Firstly, she makes everyone feel uncomfortable. She would tease us and spread vile rumours. When we enter the school gates there’s a loud, violent rumble coming from our stomachs that’s hard to contain. Matilda had perfect silky, brown hair and big green eyes. She was the mean girl and whatever she said everyone did.

I set the plan in motion with my best friend Kate.

“Let’s put a stink bomb in her bag and it will make her stink for two days and no one will want to hang around her ?’’

I felt as nervous as a student just before entering an exam as I thought about the trouble I would be in if we were caught.

The next day we came to school all ready for the new brilliant plan. I had lied to my mum saying that I needed an item for a school project. Slowly, walking into the school gates I went up and said hi to Matilda. She rolled her eyes and laughed. That’s exactly what I had planned to happen. I gave a signal to Kate to start a mini argument with Matilda. While that was happening, I quickly snuck behind Matilda and placed the stink bomb in her gold school bag.

In a clear voice I shouted to Kate to quit arguing and ignore the problem. Out of nowhere in less than a second we heard a deadly, squeaky scream and it was Matilda. She sounded like a princess who had just touched a tiny speckle of mud. Her friends drifting away like the clouds just before night and a big hover of people to see what was going on.

“Aren’t I just brilliant?’’

Matilda suddenly ran to the office with a aggrieved face and told them what she found. That's all I heard. In less than a heartbeat my name was called out to go the the office. Kate said she would come with with me but I gave her a little shrug and said it wasn’t your idea, stay. Under my breath I was asking myself questions, How did they know? Why me?

The head principal took me in his office. I was sweating like I was wearing ten pairs of clothes on a forty degree day. He curled his hand, his face was as red as the volcanic lava and the way he talked sounded like an angry dog who hasn’t been fed in days. The principal said one simple thing. Two weeks detention right after your suspension. I cried out why me I am a straight A student.

I should have known this was a dreadful idea.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!