War On Two Tides

After humanity crumbled and 1,000,000 years passed, the sun wasn’t gone nor was the earth destroyed but one life form arrived on earth could this be a revolution?


The war was raging and both sides had no advantage the Dosken Empire was backed by the god of water, they were excellent seafarers and archers but the Rashgin Republic were honoured by the god of protection, they had big boats that were armoured and there outposts were heavily fortified. A battle had broken out at a Rashgin outpost, it was quickly ended when a mysterious third party had ambushed and wiped out the outpost and the Dosken invaders. After the dust had settled, while clearing away the bodies of the warriors, there lay a half torn flag that had the word Thaum in big bold letters on it “could it really be?” The outpost chief asked.
The Thaum were an ancient army composing of all dark elements and led by the god only known as Clavidios: god of the dark wizardry.

Rashgin looked out the window and said.
“Many years ago, there was Clavidios, he controlled the conjuring of dark magic and pure evil also known as Thaum, and this power was truly the worst of all. The only thing that Clavidios wanted was power and he had to be stopped. Until one day, a brave warrior set to destroy Clavidios, and his name was: Brynjar Vorkhat and he succeeded in killing Clavidios, or so we thought.”
Rashgin sat back down on his throne and thought what this could mean: An alliance, or destruction.

The next day, Rashgin lay in his bed wondering how long until the next attack will come. Suddenly came an alarm from a horn in the distance, Rashgin knew that wasn’t his own so he looked out the window and the terror on the gods face was indescribable. There were the Dorskens fighting hooded purple and black robed wizards and witches casting dark magic missile like projectiles at the Dorskens. Rashgin blew the horn and the thundering feet of the Rashgin soldiers marched into the armoury and waiting at the main gate. Rashgin had gotten dressed very quickly and join his troops in the armoury. With one of his speeches only consisting of a few words, they ran through the gates and charged into battle. The soldiers fought other soldiers but the gods fought each other in the midst of the battle. The Dorsken god used a water element bow, Rashgin had a shield which looked like an ancient seal and Clavidios had a dark energy sword. The three of them battled mercilessly, countering one attack and parrying another.

“I’ve had enough!” Clavidios shouted

He chanted some words and his sword grew dark fire around it. Clavidios slammed his word down on the shield again and again. After the tenth time the shield started to crack, light poured through the crack in the shield and then there was nothing.

Earth was destroyed.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!