War And Peace


Another cold and dangerous morning and another sleepless night for the frightened boy called Ishmael. Once again Ishmael working his but off to get money so he can buy food for his little six year old sister Madison and his parents Jacob and Alesha.

A rich priest saw Ishmael working so hard and took pity in him and the gave him one pound so he could by food Ishmael said "thank you" but before the priest could say your welcome Ishmael was already gone. He was at the bakery and the price was one pound for eight loaves the baker would always give him one piece of bread for free. Ishmael ran home that day and saw a strange man with an evil grin looking at him and then back at his father and then leaving.

Ishmael's father said " get ready to start packing were leaving Syria! ". Ishmael was shocked and was so happy. His mum and sister had already dressed. A few hours later they were at the dock and on a boat soon they were off.

The seas were rough and the waves were crashing it sounded like 1 million roaring lion's , water was getting on deck and it was getting so slippery. Ishmael thought he was going to fall off but slipped and hit head Ishmael was knocked out for three days.

He woke up because he was starting to regain most of he's consciousness. He saw 3 men in another boat wearing army suits and speaking English. Through a radio I could hear someone talking saying take them in but I didn't really understand. A couple minutes later will be in towed to a strange place that was very orange and sandy

Madison was very scared so one of the men got her a sweet but she wouldn't take it instead she ran to mum. Five years later they were living in Sydney and now they have a little baby sister named Stephanie. Life in Sydney was very nice Ishmael was starting to learn more and more English Madison was already in kindergarten Jacob and Alicia were getting jobs and getting money for their kids ever since they moved from Syria there life has been great.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!