The Night I Saw The Panther

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

I am like a monkey, swinging from vine to vine. I am searching for food; berries or mangoes would be nice. At last I see food!!! I am like a tiger stalking my prey and then I pounce!!! YUMMMM, that was delicious.
That night as I went to bed I heard the crack of a stick. No animal would be awake at this time except the panther, the most ferocious animal in the jungle. As I get up and out of bed, I can hear more sticks crack, the noise gets louder and louder.
Then I see it, I can't believe it, I am at least 3 metres away from the beast, I am behind a bunch of bushes, for the first time ever, I see the ferocious panther. As I try to get a closer look, I can see it has been fighting, from the scratches on its face and body, it has been fighting a lion.
It turns its head to face me, I duck down but it sees me and starts to come closer. As I back away, I can see in its eyes it is scared, I am scared too, and then it hears the roar of the lion that attacked it, it roars at me then runs off. I try to go to bed but start to think about the panther. I wonder why it didn't attack me, it had a clear shot of killing me. I fall asleep slowly but before I do, I hear the roar of the panther again, it is a roar of horror, a roar of help, then there is silence. It is dead!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!