The Prank

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Today was April Fools' Day.
The cruellest twins ever Rose and Skye decided to prank their little sister Anna, who was coming home from a month long holiday in Italy that very same day.
They laughed meanly as they thought of the perfect prank.
“Remember we can NOT mess it up. Have you changed your email address?” asked Skye anxiously.
“Yes, but we'd better get stuck into it, you know she'll be home soon!”
Soon it was almost ready so they settled in for a good check before pressing 'send'.
(From: Alice N @email.com.au)
(To: Anna P @email.com.au)
Hey u no Natalie hates u rite?
Shes vowing in the kitchen rite now she ses she ll never speak 2 u again
don t tell her I told u this
ppppllllleeeeeaaaaasssseeeee
Alice
Just then Anna came back from her holiday.
“ANNA!” hollered Rose, “email for you!”
They snuck into Skye's room trying to not laugh their mean heads off.
Anna took one look at the email and burst into tears.
She slumped sadly on her way over to Natalie's house, moaning please can this life NOT get worse.
After knocking on Natalie's door, she went inside, still crying.
“Anna, are you OK?” said Natalie.
Anna went up to Natalie and she looked bewildered when Anna spilled out the whole sorry story.
“Uh...Anna? That email wasn't from me OR Alice,” Natalie muttered.
Anna was VERY happy that her best friend didn't actually hate her but she was still in the dark about one thing.
“But who was it the-Skye and Rose!” Anna answered her own question.
They had always been mean to her for some reason.
“Why don't we go and tell your Mum? We could catch them out with her.”
Anna agreed so they went back to her house.
From outside they could hear the twins, “Rose - yes it was cool how we broke them up - I know!”
They snuck inside the house and told Anna's mum the whole story, not exaggerating at all.
So the three people walked into Skye's room.
“HOW DARE YOU!!!” screeched Mum.
“Um you found out about the email right?” guessed Skye.
“Why'd you tell her you idiot?!” squealed Rose.
“What should their punishment be?” Mum said loudly enough for everyone to hear.
“No computer technology for a fortnight except at school?” Anna suggested.
“Good idea Anna. That will be your punishment, twins. You know you two, that was a really mean thing to do!” Mum said sternly.
“Aaaaawwwww, mum! It's April Fools' Day!” the twins complained.
“Is not!” Anna put in. “It's past 12 o'clock.”
“Fine,” sighed the twins, “but still...”
“APRIL FOOLS!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!