Venom

There I was hanging by my fingers on the edge of the jagged rocky cliff. I could hear it coming. I just knew it. I could feel the ground shaking under its weight... Wait, I’ll explain it from the start.. lt all started when that tiny blood red spider bit me. I thought it was just a harmless garden spider, but I was wrong. The next night the venom kicked in. It felt like I was going to die. My head felt like it was going to explode. It felt like my heart was painfully shrinking, I glared at my hands. They were GLOWING RED!!
I reached for the phone, it slipped through my hands and dropped to the ground with a smash. My eyes were closing slowly, I was trying to force myself to stay conscious, but I just couldn’t. That’s when reality hit me. I kind of ‘awoke’ from a little dream. I couldn’t hold on much longer.
Then a terrifying image flicked into my mind. I don’t really know how to explain it, but it was like a huge red shadow of a spider. No, no, no, no, no, no, no! I was holding on by my pinkie finger. I knew I didn’t have much time. I let go. I just knew it wasn’t worth it. I landed feet first into the salty water. I pushed myself to the surface. What?! I was in my bathroom in the bath. I quickly got up. “Dad!! Kristen?!” I screamed. But no one was home. I guess next time I’ll be more careful in the garden. And maybe you should too...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!