Kevin's First Stadium Game

Kevin and the rest of the Stanley family pulled up at Hunter Stadium to watch their first ever game. The game between the Newcastle Jets and Sydney F.C. After waiting anxiously for one hour, the gates finally opened. They were sitting in bay 64 and in the first row. They were going for the Jets.
The Jets came out to train right in front of where they were sitting. They were loving the atmosphere while waiting for Kevin's Uncle and Cousin Uncle Stewart and Jack. The Jets went back in the sheds and got the rest of their uniform on.
Then the loud speaker said, "And here comes your team, the NEWCASTLE JETS!" The crowd went wild. The game started. 25 minutes in and the Jets scored. At half time the score was 1-0. The Jets went into the sheds happy that they were in the lead.
Kevin and his family went to buy some food. Kevin got an ice-cream. They just got back in time to see the start of the 2nd half.
All of a sudden Sydney scored 3 minutes into the 2nd half. That's wasn't a good sign for the Jets. Sydney ended up scoring another two times, they were up 1-3. The Jets got a chance inside the box. HERE'S MONTANO, HE'S DONE IT, BIG EDSON POKES ONE HOME. Kevin and his family went wild. They were so glad they came to this game. The Jets got a Penalty Kick. Hoole was the one to take it. He has never scored a goal in the a-league. He stepped up to the ball. Kevin and his family held their breath and ........he scored. Hoole tricked the keeper and went the other way. The crowd went off their heads.
Sydney F.C. weren't playing to the best of their ability. They needed to play better than this if Sydney wanted the three points and stay in the top six.
Sydney F.C had the ball in the last five minutes and Alex Brosque had the shot. Was this the goal to take the win against the Jets and for Brosque's hat trick?...........Yes it was, Sydney had done it. That was full time. The score 3-4. The Jets came around and said thank you and give signatures to the Jet's fans. What a game for Kevin's first stadium game. There was a lot of traffic so it was difficult getting out of Hunter Stadium. I wonder what Kevin and his family's next adventure will be?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!