Secret Garden

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

The secret garden isn't as hidden away as the one in the story books. Though it does hold secrets and surprises for you and me to explore.
The archway is much more beautiful though. Covered in vines with roses scaling the grey bricks that form the gateway to a new universe. When you pass through the gate you instantly smell the fruity, fresh scent of the plants that grow within.

First you will see the apple trees. They grow so big with apples of all colours. If you pick one and bite in, you will taste a sweet and sour apple flavour that will make you smile. After you leave the apples you will see a forest of undergrowth, not just any undergrowth, but vegetables rooted to their spot creating homes for many insect and bugs. Plump potato plants, carrot leaves poking up from the ground, celery stalks and if you're lucky some freshly pulled lettuce will be laying on the dirt. Take a little bit. The crunch, then the water from the iceberg lettuces juicy insides.

Then comes my favourite part. The berries bright and colourful bushes and bushes of berries to pick. The raspberries are blush, pink and red. The strawberries are the largest that you've ever seen but the taste is what will excite you. They taste like a sour then sweet strawberry lolly that will imprint a smile on your already happy face. We have not reached the last of the stops. Still in the berries you will see looming ahead a wall, made our of the same bricks of which you passed under at the beginning.
Instead of roses you will see little round fruits of purple and green. These are the passion fruits that grow on the vines that surround the garden.

The secret garden isn't secret but it masks many secrets that will make you love it as much as I.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!