Daydream Disaster

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Emily was walking home from school. She was given an assignment, to read a book, memorise it then present a poster about the book in class. Emily had just finished the first chapter of her very scary, disgusting and weird book about tigers when she heard a roar behind her. She slowly turned around, there behind her was a tiger. Emily started running for her life!
Since she was in the forest there was no point calling for help. She ran as fast as her legs would take her. Up ahead she could see her little brother Ben. He had taken Rover (their dog) to school for show and tell, but Emily couldn’t see him. Things started rushing through her mind: what if Rover was eaten by the tiger? She tried to stay positive. “Ben!! Where is Roooo woo...” Emily had tripped over a stick. The tiger ran right past her and after Ben!
Emily started home. Then she panicked. “What if the tiger gets Ben?”
By the time Emily made it home everyone was at the table. Emily walked in. She was surprised Ben was there and forgot the thought of him being eaten. “You won’t believe what happened. I was chased by a tiger.” Emily said in a very weary voice. Rover came in. “That’s the tiger, it’s in the house.” She screamed. Ben was confused. “Emily, that’s Rover.” Emily was now very embarrassed. “I thought Rover was a tiger after I finished a chapter of a book.” She said, taking it all in. It was all becoming clear now. Rover was chasing Ben home and just happened to be behind her. “I’m sorry Rover.”
Emily went to her room, and started reading chapter two. She didn’t notice that Rover had followed her in. He jumped up onto her bed “Woof!”
“Arrrrrrrrrr!” Screamed Emily.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!