Sailors At Sea - Januuary 1714

Sailors at sea - January 1714

Captain Martin and first mate Maloney were brothers and grew up together in a catholic orphanage, which was poor, dark and damp. The orphanage rules and caretakers were very strict.

They had seven meals a week, of rice and whatever they could afford. Martin the older brother at fourteen years old, was sent to the orphanage after living on the street. He was fast, strong and agile. Maloney was small scrawny and intelligent and six years old when he was sent to the orphanage.

Father William said they were found on the door step, unconscious with no food and no money. It was hailing heavily, they completely forgot about their prior life! Father William thought they were knocked out by hail and must've dropped everything.

This is the story of captain Martin and first mate Maloney.

Day 1 - Diary Martin Withington

Dear diary this is my first year at the orphanage I've found it very hard to fit in, though why fit in when your supposed to stay true to yourself.
Martin and Maloney have found it very hard to make friends. They only have two changes of clothes each and they are both torn, wrecked and have holes in them. Today Maloney found a dead rat in his rice, " EWWW " said Maloney and pretty much everyone in the orphanage when he screamed " EWWW THERES A DEAD RAT IN MY SOUP!!!! ". After that everyone called him dead rat boy.

Day 2 - Diary Martin Withington

Dear diary now my brother gets called rat boy well aren't I the luckiest boy in the world Maloney now spends most of his time in our dorm room.

Day 365 - Diary Martin Withington

Dear diary its end of year party and we get cake, a sixteenth each........most exiting day of the year, any way happy new yearrrr!!!.

On 1 January 1715 Martin gets adopted by a wealthy family, sadly Maloney his brother is left behind with no friends and no family. Maloney spent the next few days alone......with no one to talk to.

5 years later. Maloney is 12 years old and is about to get his first job as a cleaner for the British battalion. He's heard the commanders are very strict and he knows that he doesn't get paid much, but then again it's better than nothing.

Maloney has woken up early for his first day on the job. He hops on the boat that he was informed to get on then suddenly he hears gun shots in the air PEW, PEW, PEW, there are screams all around him. Suddenly he feels like the ground is shaking, then BOOM the building behind him explodes bursts into flames, KABOOM!!. He runs for cover screaming like a little girl, suddenly he hears a devious cackle in the distance "HAHAHA!" he sees a dark figure on the top of one of the flaming buildings, he lunges at Maloney and kidnaps him.
THE END?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!