A Beast Or A Myth?

I could see nothing but a white wall. While I was staring at it, I started thinking about animals, maybe imaginary animals. But something told me that this was real thoughts. Still unconvinced by this, I decided to go on a mission to find this mysterious beast.
7 days later…
The flight was only two hours away from Sydney, where I live. In my check-in luggage there was some rope, safety equipment, lots of water, a tent and some food to last me for one week.
When the plane landed, I wanted to start my adventure but my tummy was rumbling, as I had not eaten since morning. I checked in to my hotel and ate some food. Unfortunately, it was too late after I finished my meal, so I settled in for the night.
On the second day, I woke up at 4:30am. It was freezing! I had to wear layers of winter clothes to prevent hypothermia. But by afternoon, it was scorching hot and I had to return to my hotel room to change into singlet and shorts. I went back to look for burrows but I only found a few belonging to scorpions, mice and other creatures. Before I knew it, it was time for me to head back to my hotel. I was so exhausted that I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.
When I woke up on the third day, I felt energised and I was ready to continue my adventure. After hours of searching, I could not find anything that looked like a home to any animals. It was a futile day.
On the fourth day, I kept an eye on anything that moved. I saw a few snakes, several birds but most of them were just my imagination or the mirage. It was sweltering and I would have died from heatstroke if I had not had a respite. It was another exasperating day.
On the fifth day I felt good. The first thing I saw during the search was a giant burrow. When I approached it, I realized that the burrow was massive! I inserted a stick with a camera attached to its end to look in the burrow. My computer showed a few tiny dots moving around. Why would such tiny things need a humongous burrow? Then something happened. I saw something huge crawling behind me! It had a tiny head attached to a huge body. I hurriedly snapped many pictures of it so I could share it with my friends. After that, I decided to spend my last night in the wilderness.
The return flight was much more enjoyable because the adventure was a success, and I had photographs as proof. When I returned, I shared with everyone my photos of the beast. I felt so awesome.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!