The Secret

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Thud! Thud! Thud! It was pouring with rain and I was sure I would get struck by lightning soon. My life was a mess! I had bad grades at school, my parents were always fighting and our house was falling apart. All these thoughts swirled around my head.
Suddenly, I was lying in the mud with a rock digging into my head. As I slowly got up, I saw this beautiful golden leaf lying in the mud. I moved over to pick it up. It was a pretty looking bracelet. I slipped it into my pocket. Time to head home.
When I reached home, I went straight to my bedroom in the leaky attic room. I gently cleaned the charm with the rainwater and then I put it on. I went to bed and soon I drifted off to a deep sleep. I could not imagine what would soon happen.
It was so strange. I was in another world and another room. It looked old, probably 400 years old. I was in a girl’s bedroom. She was asleep in a huge princess bed. I stared at her and then she woke up.
She looked at me and said, “Hello. My name is Pippa Mcandrews and I am 12 years old. One day I will be the queen of England.”
I answered, “My name is Lacey Dungog. I am also 12 years old.” I was talking to a girl from the past and I felt weird.
“Where did you get your bracelet?” asked Pippa.
I said, “I just found the bracelet somewhere. What year is it?”
“Well today is the 3rd of August 1608 and I have a bracelet just like yours,” said Pippa. A bell rang.
“Time for tea and it sounds like we are needed urgently.”
“I have to tell you that I am from the future – 2016,” I told Pippa.
We raced down the corridors until we reached the dining room. There were two men there, all dressed in black and holding their hats.
One began, “As you know your parents were on a boat journey. There was a great big storm.”
The other man took over, “The boat hit the rocks killing all on board.” Pippa suddenly sank to the ground as grief came over her.
Later on, we were alone outside.
Pippa said, “I have to tell you a big secret that no one knows about, apart from my parents and I feel that I can trust you. I can read minds, turn invisible, see ghosts and walk through walls.” I gasped.
We talked more about what we did every day. Pippa picked up a golden leaf that was on the ground. It was not a normal flimsy leaf but a charm. She put it on her bracelet and then I realised that it was the charm on my bracelet.
I did not have time to say goodbye because mist and darkness swirled around me. I was back. I was determined to see Pippa again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!