NASCAR


“Boom!” went the tyres of an oncoming car. The rubberized tyres blew open, exposing the raw metal rims of Johnny Begas; number 42. His NASCAR blew out causing him to be a sitting duck in the field of over an ocean of one hundred cars passing his way. One of those cars being Benjamin Linus, the rookie NASCAR driver. As the other cars crash into their counterparts, he drifted through the wreckage of smoke and debris, barely visible from the commentators desk on the very top of the stadium.
“Ladies and gentlemen, this might be the most catastrophic crash in the history of NASCAR driving,” commented Ale T.
“Surely there must be someone who can escape the mess?” questioned a worried Amy R.
Through the chaos and debris, Ben emerged along with Kevin, the previous NASCAR victor. It would have to be a close race; the race of the century. Ben revved the engine of his blue and black NASCAR covered with so many stickers from the countless sponsors that he could barely see out of it.

The tower counting the number of laps kept score so that with each 50 laps they went into the pit stop for a quick maintenance check. The other competing NASCARS zoomed and zipped across the oval shaped pool of cement and tiny, miniscule dots barely visible from the top stands. The arena-like stand lit up with excitement as Ben and Kevin's cars zoomed past each other burning rubber each time. The cars zipped past other cars, over lapping them.

Out of the oblivion of cars another blows out and flips over. The chaos caused was not quite comparable to the previous, however this could determine who will win and who would not. Through the wreckage, the all time star; Kevin, passed the mess only to be beaten by Ben Linus. In the midst of victory Kevin gets pinned to the wall by an oncoming car resulting in the rookie winning by the slightest sliver of luck.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!