The Cable Glide

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Ahhhh! Just two seconds ago we fell down a deep, dark hole below the Cable Glide down in Berry Rec and Sport Camp.
Chari, my best friend, and I were nervously getting reading to go on the cable glide. Just as we anxiously stepped off the gigantic wooden platform, we noticed that our harnesses were broken! Before I could say anything, we started falling. Just as we were about to hit the ground we fell down this deep, dark, scary hole. It was pitch black.
Soon enough Chari felt a small door, which to our surprise led to a maze. In dim light, we followed the maze of prickly hedges. Eventually we found the middle of the maze, which had steep metal stairs leading up. We felt so relieved that we quickly sprinted up the stairs as if we were being chased.
As soon as we reached the top, we noticed that we were back at school! The maze must have been at least a thousand metres long. I never imagined that we would be searching around a maze for hours! But we were glad to be home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!