Miss Understood

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

My name is, Miss K. Understood and this is my story. One sunny October morning, I sit by my window watching the clouds move across the sky and try to make pictures out of them, like I used to before my father became a missing person after six months in Japan. It is his birthday today, the reason why I'm doing this and I want to feel him with me, like we're doing this together. I'm eighteen now and he went to war when I was two, I don't think he's coming back.Mum came into my room and asked do I want some breakfast, I said "no, I'm not hungry." She knew why and I didn't want to talk about it. I get up and get dressed into a white crop-top and blue denim shorts with white high-top converse. I tell her I'm going to go shopping and the cinema with my bestie Cordelia, my mum said why doesn't Cordelia come and stay here with me because she is going out with Aunt Vera ad Aunt Carmen. I quickly pull out my phone and text Cordelia to come here and we can order a movie on box office and a pizza to go.Within ten minutes Cordelia is here with pizza, garlic bread and our all-time favorite movie DVD... Dirty Dancers, we've seen this movie a thousand times and still can't get over it.We sit on the couch eating pizza and garlic bread and watching the movie. The all of a sudden "Ding Dong," the doorbell rings, I get up and answer the door. It's a man with dark, brown hair, brown eyes, pale white skin and a tall, straight and manly body, I feel like I know him, but I can't quite put my finger on it. He asks "Is um, Vennessa and Kasey Understood residing here?" "Yes, why? But, Vennessa is not home" I say, he replies "It doesn't matter I can talk to you, let me in and I'll explain," I do as he instructed, and say "explain," "Kasey remember when your father left he said to have courage and be kind?" I reply, "Yes, he said "My little girl if I do not return you shall always have courage and be Kind, am I right?" He says "Do you know how I know this?" "No," I say, he says "I am he," I jumped out of my seat and hugged him, I called my mum and said "Mum come home now! Father has returned!" She says, "I'm coming, I'm coming!" When she arrives she hugs him and kisses me on the head, "It is him, it is him!" She cries tears of joy, Cordelia stands up and say "I'm still here you know?" "I know," I reply and she joins in on our excitement and we all celebrate. This is the story of how I met my father. THE END.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!