Darkness

If my thoughts are a spiral of colours, they are as black as the midnight sky.
Swirls, twirls and laces of pain, depression and anxiety.
All hope is lost in the midst.
For faith has been swallowed by the darkness.
As swift as a shadow; as dangerous as a murderer.
For my thoughts are relentless. They are my new best friends.
For even if I bully or harass them to leave me be, they remain loyal until I die.
But sometimes now and then, the monster loosens its grip;
Allowing vivid yellows of joy, pinks of wonder and purples of strength, to dot my midnight sky.
If I stay long enough, I may see hope begin to grow; burning as bright as the brightest star.
But I will never get used to it, because once I do, I'll be at my most vulnerable peak.
That's when the darkness will play with me, manipulate my mind.
Until its had enough fun, and lays down my dreams to die.
Only the strongest can fight the darkness, but it's not an easy journey.
And many surrender to the darkness, give up as it has no mercy

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!