Average Joe

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Hey, name’s Zac, but Brady calls me Average Joe. So does Daniel and Adam and well, basically everybody in my class. But get this, I am NOT average. I am called average because I am good at EVERYTHING! I am in the Australian under 12’s swimming team, have the award for best mathematician in Australasia, and won the 2013 best gamer in the world Medallion. But that ain’t a huge achievement in my family, nuh uh. Jessi’s been the star player for Chicago bulls now, even though he’s Australian. Dads busy being the world’s most famous agricultural scientist, and mum’s plays netball for the Diamonds. So, I just sit in the corner of one of our great halls, sobbing (kinda).
“Hey Joe, I made it into the Victorian under 13’s soccer team! “Well done Danny” I give Daniel a pat on the back, even though it doesn’t sound so OMGish. At my school, Heartsvale College for Boys, nothing happens, so when someone wins 2 bucks, it’s a big deal. I tried to pull myself out of the stampede of excited boys. The PA suddenly caught my attention “Zachary O’Malley, report to Mr Hodge’s office immediately!” What did I do, it’s just been two minutes into the school day! I walked slowly up to the main office.
“Zac, or should I say Joe, your mum informed me that your leaving Australia and moving to Chicago!” “My Mum, but she’s busy training for the match against Papua New Guinea!” “My cell phone is a wonderful thing.” Mr Hodge smiles at me. Oh My Gosh I am going to kill Jessi when I get home. We are moving to Chicago just because of his stupid basketball team! I am really annoyed that I’d have to leave Heartsvale and Brady and Adam and Dan and Tom and all my good friends! I HATE JESSI!

2 years later…

Hey, Joe here, the last time I touched this journal was 2 years and 45 days ago. Anyway, Chicago isn’t so terrible, the only terrible thing is that I have girls trying to get my autograph because Jessi’s super handsome and playing basketball with Max every day because he’s a basketball fanatic and Jessi plays for Chicago. I’m exploring the rest of our mansion (only figured out half and it’s been 2 years!) when the alarm goes off…

To Be Continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!