Yellow Daffodils


The only thing Indie wanted to do was see wild flowers, but her cancer always got in the way her mum and dad always said maybe tomorrow. As she lied in the hospital bed reading her book, her dad walked in and sat on her bed and said “Time for bed darling.” Then Indie said “Okay, night dad. See you in the morning.” As she closed her eyes she whispered sadly “Dad, I wish I could see flowers.” “Maybe tomorrow,” her dad whispered back

The next day Indie woke up in a room full of people, her dad said “You're going to be tested and scanned to see if your cancer has moved, it will only take about 20 minutes”. Then the nurse said “You're going to be given some medicine to put you to sleep, Just count to 10”. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8……..

Indie jumped then woke, her mum was there right beside her holding her hand. As they wheeled her off to her room she looked at her mum “Can we see flowers now?” Indie said quietly, her mum replied “After you recover from your medicine”.

Indie was lying there watching TV, her brother Levi walked in and asked if she was going okay and she said “Are we going to see the flowers now?” Levi was standing there in silence, not saying a word. Indie’s mum walked in and said “Do you still want to see the flowers?” Indie sat up and jumped out of her hospital bed and said “Let's go!” They signed out and went to see the flowers. They drove off and once they got there Indie hopped out and ran to see the yellow daffodils, she picked one then another and she took some back to the hospital room.

That night Indie woke up and her fluid ran out, lot’s of nurses rushed in and rolled her away to be operated on. With her mum by her side and her dad holding her hand, they put her to sleep. They tried to operate on her but it didn't work. Indie hadn't made it. She passed away.

A week later Indie had a funeral and people covered her little coffin in loads of yellow daffodils.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!