Fame

She fixes her eyes onto the direct centre of the live, streaming camera and sassily answers one of the pushy interviewer’s questions. Moments afterwards her bodyguard indicates that it’s time to depart the glamorous red carpet and so, the world’s best soccer player gently blows kisses into the bitter wind. She modestly performs her signature stance called the ‘windmill’ and finally gives one last wink to the camera as she enters her luxurious limousine. Her expensive ride graciously speeds off into the starry distance to start her off-season tour. The interviewers and camera-man breathe in the famous air and then all melt like ice blocks, letting their shoulders droop to their lowest point.
She, Viola Garcia, is one of the most famous sport stars on Earth, if not, THE most famous. She could beat any man that challenged her as she has done before. Viola is one of the female role models of the twenty second century and any girl or boy should look up to her and think wow, I want to be just like her one day!
It may not be soccer that is a child’s interest but the way that Viola does her job with passion, integrity and commitment is just inspiring. She is a true leader on and off the camera. What a remarkable woman!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The slimy string of saliva broke and formed a puddle of drool on the twelve-year old’s innocent face. She woke up with blushed pink cheeks and a very pale face as usual. Her glistening blue eyes steadily opened as she was brought back to reality - even though it was unfortunate to be woken from a brilliant dream, she couldn’t wait for the busy day full of soccer training that lay ahead of her!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!