Bad Vacation

"Ugh" I groaned, as I gently closed the car boot. "Mum, why can't I stay with auntie Martha. Or even nana and pop?" I argued. " You know that nana and pop is on holiday."Whispered mum. "Also auntie Martha has four troubling kids to deal with." Uncle Barry was probably the worse choice to spend the day with. Let alone a month! Poor mum and dad have been so stressed about this meeting, their brains must have turned to confetti and picked Uncle Barry to look after poor me. I mumbled in disagreement and knocked on the door. Rust sprinkled down like snow in the Winter. I strained to hear any foot steps. Eventually I saw a silloette of a man in his fourties. Ten seconds later, the middle aged man opened the door with a far away look on his face. Barry snapped to attention " Gday" he croaked villainously. He had a round face and a pointed chin. His eyes were dark green, with a tinge of evil in them. He had a grey,bushy mustchache. "Well" started dad " we better get moving!" Barry gave an evil smile as mum and dad drove off into the distance. I walked inside and Barry threw me into a dark room. It was the Basement! " Hey!" I yelled "it's still sun out!" " it's still sun out." Imitated Barry. I knew was something was wrong. Very wrong.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!