Last Breath

A cold thick rope wrapped around my legs and pulled me under into the world of deep blue. I could feel my heart pound against my chest as if it was going to explode. I thought to myself, have I breathed my last breath is this the end, is my end going to be in the world of deep blue.
My lungs began to close in, ‘Was it time’ I thought to myself, was it time that I let the world of the deep blue take me under its wing. I thought to myself, ‘Why should I let the deep blue have the best of me.’ I tried to scream. No sound came out. The world of the deep blue has taken my voice. I tried to kick. It is no use. It has turned my legs into useless jelly.
I try using my arms to pull me up. It had turned my arms into a ton of bricks. I persisted. I am almost there. Just a few more stokes. My lungs were filling water. I could see colourful spots and stars all around me. ‘This is the end’ I thought, this has to be. I couldn't possibly do much more. Just as I was about to give up I see a welcoming hand reach out towards me. I used all the strength I had, which wasn't very much, but just enough to stretch my arm out that little bit that I needed. “GASP.” I had breathed for the first time in FOREVER. I survived the world of the deep blue!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!