Daisy Starts A New Life

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Hi my name is Daisy. I am an orphan. My parents died because they got very sick. I had no money or food so I had to steal to live. I always got away but one day I got caught and I got sent to court and the judge said: “seven years transportation to Australia.” I was devastated. What was I going to do I thought. How could I survive? Would I get hurt? I told myself: “pull it together Daisy you have survived on the streets of London surely you could survive this adventure. I wish my mum would be here to make me not worry too much and my dad to tell me to relax. Daisy thought for a second maybe this won’t be so bad after all maybe it will be fun. When Daisy got on a ship called the Golden Grove she thought this is going to be a challenge. The beds were just cotton all stuffed together and the food was disgusting. A week after being on the Golden Grove that was heading to Botany Bay daisy met a women named Charlotte, a child called Poppy and a tall girl called Elizabeth. Elizabeth did not look friendly at all but Charlotte and Poppy looked friendly soon after 1 month I got to know them. Even Elizabeth seemed really nice. The next day we were aloud on deck. It was nice finally feeling the breeze in my knotty hair. After getting used to the sun in my eyes we were told to have some fruit. Poppy, Elizabeth, Charlotte and my favorite was the oranges because they were so juicy. After the delicious fruit we were told to wash our filthy bodies. Then the guards told us to go below deck and have a rest because we were going to have a big day tomorrow unpacking the ship so we all had a sleep until tomorrow morning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!