The Medicine That Saved The Day

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

A tear ran down Tanika’s soft, silky face. She was urgent to find the vet. “HHHHHH” she was struggling to find my breath as she scattered through all the bushes. Millie, Tanika’s pet elephant, was ill, her face started to turn a pail, creamy colour, “Will it be too late?” Tanika thought to herself in agony.

Tanika was a normal 12 year old girl who had a very big passion for animals. She lived with her pet elephant Millie and colourful frill-necked lizard Spikey. Tanika’s mum and dad had passed away when she was 10 years old, in a terrible car crash. She had lived with her Aunty Cath for one year, but then she decided to move into a beautiful rainforest with Millie and Spikey.

Tanika woke up the next morning, to see Millie all dressed up and Spikey in this funny looking dress that was on the wrong way. “What are you doing?” giggled Tanika. “HE” said Millie. “Umm, Millie told me to put it on.” Spikey said very fast and quietly. “Guys I’m not grumpy at you. You just look hilarious! So tell me what you’re doing in those funny looking outfits.” “Well you know how you said yesterday that we’re having dinner at your favourite waterfall? Well we’re all ready to get going”, said Millie and Spikey excitedly. “But it’s only 9 in the morning” laughed Tanika.

As they walked towards the waterfall Mille started to cough and splutter. “Are you ok!” asked Spiky in despite. Tanika checked Millie’s temperate, “ OOHHNNOO”, your temperate is sky rocket. “What are we going to do?” said Tanika in frustration. Let’s go back home, Millie can have a sleep and when she wakes up hopefully she will feel better, if not we hopefully will find a vet or something. Tanika and Spiky tucked Millie into her comfy bed. While Millie was sleeping Tanika and Spiky played a board game. About an hour after Tanika and Spiky put Millie to sleep, Millie had woke up. “Tanika!” yelled Millie, “Come here as fast as you can!” Tanika sprinted as fast as she could to Millie. “Are you ok! Do you feel better”. “No I feel worse”. “Ok, I’m going to find a vet, Spiky you stay with Millie” Said Tanika.

Tanika ran through all the bushes, and there was still no vet to be found. Tanika thought and thought. I know! Tanika grabbed some leaves, worms, cockroaches, all the bugs and insects that she could find and a long fat stick. She mushed all the things together, got a huge handful and sprinted to the house. When Tanika got to the house, she opened the draw got a spoon and ran to Millie opened her mouth, put it in and said “SWALLOW “. “ Do you feel better” yelled Tanika in frustration. “I feel better now!” Millie said excitedly. “YES what a relief” squealed Spiky and Tanika. Now let’s get back to the waterfall and have some yummy dinner.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!