The Architect

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Smash, Bang, Crash, the thundering roar of the almighty crane demolishing the house was deafening. Strike by strike the house became weaker until only the debris remained. Then came a Digger clearing the way for the new house to come. The master of this plan responded to the unholy, feared name ‘Architect’

He sat on the planter box that used to be the home to radiant, rich and colourful flowers. Not anymore. He began to visualize this new house. Big, was the first word that popped into his mind. Perfect. Then came the word family. No. Too expensive. What about safe? He wondered. Yes, perfect.

He began to picture Bulletproof proof glass, security cameras, voice recognition and lasers protecting him. Walls of hard solid stone harbouring him from the rest of the society.

Then he wondered where am I going to put all my cars? “I am going to need a pretty big garage!” he shrieked at the builders “Ok” replied the builders powerless. I'll need a pool or two as well, maybe even a couple of fountains. He lay out an extensive piece of paper and began sketching his design.

Then another word hit him. Cost. I can take care of that he thought. Brick by Brick began to be laid. Gradually an amazing but monumental house was formed. Greedy, Selfish you may call him but does he really care? No, because he is ‘the Architect’.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!