Where Am I?

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Ding-ding the bell rang as Jack was halted at the door by Miss Brown passing him his entry form. Jack sprinted out of the school gate, ran down Clive Drive, past a busy and noisy bee hive. Jack continued running as fast as he could down Albert Road, the Road that was home to the giant toad. On the final stretch down Conness Street in the devastating heat of summer in Chiltern.

Jack arrived at his house dripping with sweat, out of breath and thirsty. He dumped his bag at the front step then sat down on the couch and turned on the PS3. He logged in to his computer game and waited. Suddenly, there was a blinding flash that fogged Jack’s vision and his eyes were a blur. The flash wore off and when Jack was able to focus his eyes, he found himself not in Chiltern but ……. in the Realm!

All of a sudden a cubed character rose from the shadows. He said “come with me if you want to live!” “Why” exclaimed Jack? “Look” yelled the character. There were Zombies, Skeletons and Blockers close on their tail. Whilst they were running for their lives Jack politely asked the character “what’s your name?” “Steve, what’s yours?” “Jack” “you mean THE Jack!” Steve yelled with excitement.

As they arrived at Steve’s house Jack burst open the oak door as they rushed inside then they slammed the door behind them! “So what do you mean by THE Jack?” “A long story cut short, you are the creator of the Realm.” Ding dong “oh no” Steve shouted out “It’s time.”

“Come on” Steve said in fear “but you just told me to not go out there in the dark” Jack pointed out! As they ran outside the skeletons started shooting their arrows at Steve and Jack! As they reached the plains it was foggy not even a person with night vision googles on could see through it.

As the fog started to clear Jack spotted Zombies, Skeletons, Blockers, Spiders and finally he saw the hideous Miss Brown. Steve started fighting of some Blockers as Jack hid behind a tree, until a Blocker dismantled the tree. Jack was left exposed.

Jack finally rounded up mobs but they weren’t the ones he was supposed to round up, they were cows. As Steve started growing restless he yelled “Jack I could use some back up” “Coming” but it was too late Steve got an arrow in his back! “NOOOOO” Jack cried out as he ran down the field shooting his bow everywhere in anger!

As Jack got to Steve’s dying body his final words were “I’ll be back!” As Jack finished of the minions he was left with Miss Brown. During the battle Miss Brown got captured by rebel Blockers. “Good job” Jack yelled out.

Bang! Jack was finished for good. He woke up as his body was walking to school. As class opened Miss Brown said “Jack your Write4Fun essay is due!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!