The Door

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Sweat drenching my face in fear, my mind playing tricks on me, I don’t know why I wanted to come here. All I know is there is a mystery behind that door.
It was one gloomy day, when I decided to go explore the outside world. I had never been out the black rusty gate; my parents say it’s a dangerous world out there, it was driving me CRAZY.I took shallow deep breaths and composed myself as I was taking a big step into wonder.
I swiftly stroll through the black rusty gate and find a strange green smoky house, it’s a living zombie, I am choking in fear and my lungs are crunched. I walk up the solid surface of rectangles and knock on the door, in a blink of an eye it is pitch black, there is nothing 1000 eyes can see. I find a dusty thin string dangling among my shoulder like a spider, come on I can’t not pull it the force was raging over me. I pull the string and there is a miniature square door creaking open. I knew I was going in. I crouch down low and enter the door. I slither like a worm through a bright blue circle, my heart is pounding, my eyes were watering like a watering can, I am seeing a lady with button eyes, she is staring into my eyes with wonder, then before I knew it was the end of my soul BANG! And that is why I am a ghost.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!