The Girl At The Window

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

The wind howled through the window. The girl sat huddling her knees waiting for the storm to be over.I know you are thinking why is she waiting for a storm to be over. She is waiting for her Mum and her Dad to come back from their work / holiday in Hawaii. Angel was missing her mum and dad. Her little sister Jasmine was so cute but the sad thing is she has only seen her parents once. But she was only 4 months old. Angel was still waiting at the window but she called her best friend Olivia Rose.

Olivia lives next door at the back. There is a little hole at the bottom of the fence. I know that is really cool. It is from a book called Billie B Brown. So Angel and Olivia just talked and talked. Angel thought she Might not see her parents today or maybe not Tomorrow because maybe it will storm but I don't want to JinX it.”I am so tired”. Angel said."Angel I am going back home call me when your parents come back. When Angel was asleep the storm stopped and about 15 minutes later Olivia came back but she did not wake Angel up. Olivia just moved Angel over and slept next to her to waited for Angel's parents to come. About 30 minutes later Angel's parents called. Olivia woke up but not Angel so Olivia answered and Angel's Mum Said "Let's keep this a secret between me and you don't tell Angel. Tell her that we have to come next week or maybe in 2 weeks". Olivia said "Ok between me and you "."bye" Olivia said. "bye". Angel's Mum said.

So Angel woke up 2 minutes later and Said "Did anyone call me when I was asleep". She said in a sleepy voice. Then Olivia said "yes your Mum called and said that she can't come because she is very busy". Olivia said in a sad voice."So when are my parents coming? ". Angel said. "They are coming in a week or maybe two". Angel started to cry. But 2 minutes later a car pulled up in the drive way and Angel was so excited because she knew who it was so Angel and Olivia and Jasmine ran down the stairs and opened the door and ran to her parents and her parents hugged her and kissed her.Then they looked up at the sky and saw a beautiful rainbow and Angel's parents said that they have to go on a work / holiday again.

In a week so Angel marched up to her room but she let Jasmine and Olivia come in with her then slammed the door and locked it but Olivia went out and got food. Angel , Jasmine and Olivia stayed in the room for the whole day but they had to sneak to go to the bathroom so quiet. Angel and Jasmine and Olivia were really disappointed in her parent's.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!