The Great Evil Monster

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Bang! I fell with my head on the ground with a thud which was as hard as a brick. I could taste fear and danger. I didn’t understand what was going on until…

Earlier in the day mum and I both found a dress that fit us perfectly and looked nice. During our little shopping spree in these life saving stores, I accidentally knocked over an expensive vase in the store where I found my dress that was for little kids (such as myself at the time), but fortunately I caught it just in time due to my amazing reflexes (nah, just joking).

My mum must have noticed because she had a concerned look and she whispered, “Kate!, watch where you're walking and what you are doing next time, or i’ll have to pay for it”.

“Sorry, it was an accident”, I replied.

This should have been my warning to be careful because of what was about to happen and who I was about to meet. Soon after, mum and I became very hungry to the point where we could both eat a horse each so as a result our noses followed the trail of amazing smelling food. After receiving the most prized, famous and delicious smelling happy meal from McDonalds which included 3 nuggets, small fries, apple juice and a toy, mum and I tried to find a table for two in the food court which was as packed as a can of sardines, and that’s when I saw it, the evil ugly monster on four shiny silver legs and a white back which was as bent as an old lady’s.

I took one last look at the ugly thing before I sat on it and enjoyed my meal, still afraid that the ugly monster would bite my precious nuggets out of my hand. As a result I was leaning over the table like a koala but at least I got to fill my stomach.

When I was finished, I began swinging on the ugly thing to hurt its legs so i’d feel like a hero, a champion. When the monster was at breaking point, on its hind legs, I thought that was it for the monster but instead it gave one extra push as threw me onto my back. I didn’t understand what was going on until I looked around and caught eye contact with the ugly thing which gave me the sneakiest of sneaky grins, as if I were its worst enemy. Everyone around me was looking straight at me however not with grins like the monster but with concerned faces.

I picked myself up knowing that the ugly thing had defeated me unbelievably, I could feel my face flaring up and turning into the brightest colour of red. I could not believe it, I wanted to win!

I must have gained a phobia of swinging on ugly monsters, or was it a chair, I will never know.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!