Narrative

It was the middle of the night Joseph was going back to his car which was parked on the top of a roofless high rise carpark. He spotted his red ford focus and started walking towards it but out of nowhere he started feeling nervous and edgy. He quickened his pace towards the car and pulled on the handle, “locked” he whispered to himself he took out his keys but dropped them. As he was about to pick them up someone grabbed his shoulder and hissed “don’t turn around” Joseph felt the cool metallic feel of the barrel of a gun to the back of his head. “Please just let me go I have money” whimpered Joseph “shut up and walk” the person hissed. They both walked to the edge of the carpark Joseph was looking over the edge now. Fifteen stories, if he fell there was no way he could survive. He could feel the cool breeze whizzing through his hair the cold sweat dripping down his face. “What do you want” whimpered Joseph. The person behind him leaned in close to his ear and whispered “jump”. “No” said Joseph. Joseph then felt a firm hand push him in the small of his back. He was falling, screaming he was in an infinite void it was never going to end then nothing.
Brian was in his old rundown apartment room lying on his bed beneath the ceiling fan. He was dozing in and out of sleep when his phone rang. “Hello” he answered. “Brain you need to come to the office we have the next big story” replied the voice on the other end of the phone. “Okay I’ll be right there” said Brian. He walked out of his apartment it was hot outside. He then fished his keys out of his pocket and unlocked his green Holden SS and drove off to his office. Brain was a journalist and it had been quite at the office lately so he was eager to get there. “Ugh” said Brian as he quickly diverted his eyes from the sun it was like someone was shining a flashlight into his eyes. He got his sunglasses out of the pocket from the side of the car’s door and put them on.
When he got the office it was frantic everyone was running around clutching papers to their chests the people that were at their desks were answering phone calls. “Brain!” someone yelled across the room it was the boss “I need you to go down to the high rise parking lot there has been an act of suicide”. “Ok” replied Brain flatly.
When he got there it was even busier than the office. There was police everywhere and curious people trying to see what had happened. Brain stooped under the yellow tape and surveyed everything. He found the body with a yellow number next to it. ”what’s his name” He asked one the police officers. The officer replied “Joseph Sepple“
Brain then walked to the top floor of the car park and found the red ford focus and the key on the ground next to it was another yellow number. He spotted another yellow number near the edge of the car park “this is where he jumped” he muttered.
He walked over to the surveillance control room he checked the footage and was astounded when he saw the footage. It wasn’t suicide it was murder!
To be continued

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!