Narrative

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

The sun lights up our world, but the moon wanted to cover the world from the sun so then it went around the world again and again. Then Saturn came by, and the moon wanted to cover Saturn. The moon changed to Mars, then he changed to Venus and then the moon got tired of circling so he stopped. “CLAUDIA, GET THAT STINKY ROTTEN FOOT OUTTA MY FACE!” one frustrated Oliver yelled loudly from the back of the car.
“WHY DON’T YOU GET THAT UGLY FACE OF YOURS OUT OF MY FOOT THEN!” Claudia loudly yelled back, giggling at the end.
“Will they ever learn to grow up...?” Jack whispered softly from the seat next to me, turning his head back to the road so he can concentrate on driving.
“I don’t know Jacky; I don’t know...” I state back, shaking my head before turning my upper body towards the back of the car, so I can see the two rat bags that I’ve learned to love as my brother and sister. I turn my body once again back to the front of the car, my long blonde hair flicking its way back around to my shoulder settling itself back into its original spot.
“Hey Jack, what town will we be arriving in next?” Oliver huskily asked as he climbed his way through the console area, leaning his elbow on the console.
“It’ll be, Deadman’s Valley” Jack replied knowingly, placing the map back into the side of his seat. My face pales, I’ve just finished another episode of supernatural and it just happened to be placed at a town called Deadman’s Valley.
“Someone’s scared?” Oliver askes in a spooky voice, making ghost hand actions in front of my face.
I push Oliver back, making him fall onto a giggling CJ, he lets out a struggled noise before landing on her. The both of them fall further into the back of the mint green combi. Jack and I burst out in laughter, I fall onto Jack’s shoulder, I hear two painful groans come from the back.
“Sorry CJ, it was only meant to hurt Ollie” I say, as I turn my body towards the back of the combi, where the two of them are laying, rubbing their heads.
“Oh yeah, sure, no problem” she reply’s in a struggling voice, still rubbing the back of her head, her long brunette hair going everywhere. I sniffle a laugh at the sight.
“HEY!” Ollie jokingly yells, only just realizing what I had just said about him. The three of us once again burst out laughing, Ollie soon joining. Wow, were as childish as 2 year olds.
“Hey Guys, were just outside Deadman’s Valle-“ Jack wasn’t able to continue what he was about to say, as he was cut short. The car came to a sudden stop, with a noise as loud as a nuclear bomb.
“Hey Jack, what happened to the combi. Didn’t it just get serviced?” CJ asks from the back, FINALY able to push Ollie off herself.
“It has been serviced, I made the guys make sure that it wouldn’t break down for ages… I don’t get it, we had only just filled up at the last town, a full tank too...” he replies, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, trying to think of what’s going on.
To be honest, it’s kind of scaring me, cause in the TV episode, their car broke down right outside the town too. So you can only imagine what I’m thinking’s going on.
“Should we go look for a motel?” CJ asked, her facial expression mimicking mine.
“I don’t think that’s such a good idea C’s” I say, unsure of the idea that just popped into her head.
“I agree with Phoebes…for once” Ollie says jokingly, obviously trying to lighten the mode, succeeding, as we all laugh.
“HEY!” I yell half seriously, failing miserably. My laugh like a monkey's. Causing everyone else to laugh harder.
This is why were a family, we make each other laugh, care as if we were actually each other’s family, and most importantly, we never give up on each other no matter the situation were in, were always there for one another.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!