Race To Change

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

MAX COULD NEVER REMEMBER GOING SO FAST, BUT THEN…..
1.5 HOURS EARLIER
I waited in my car. My powerful engine revving restlessly, I looked beside me, another driver waiting next to me. 3 . . . . 2 . . . . 1. . . . GO! I stamp on the accelerator. Jolting forward at insane speed. The race had started. The roaring of engines was deafening. Steering this car was like wrestling a bull, but still I stuck at it, losing control of one of these would be drastic. God this was scary. I couldn’t believe I was doing this. I sped around the track dodging this car and that. It was highly intense; the weight of my helmet alone was killing me. I was worried about the car next to me, it was endlessly drifting closer. But If I kept looking at that I would crash. Ok. Left turn, right, right again, left, right, right. It went so fast it was nearly impossible to calculate. I quickly looked at the car next to me.
Oh go- . I was cut short as the car slid into me. A terrifying crunching sound filled the air, followed by the huge explosion of the fuel tank erupting. My car flew through the air spinning, crunched into a tight ball. I hit the ground. . . .Everything went black. 1 hour later I woke up in a stretcher. I was covered in blood and in intense pain. There were medics all around me supporting me and carrying the stretcher into the ambulance. When we got to the hospital I was having trouble breathing and the pain was getting worse, it was unbearable. I looked down at my chest. There was a huge cut right down the length of me I could clearly see my heart beating. . . . Slowly. Ahhhhh I moaned.
I blacked out for the second time that day. I woke back up, nothing had changed. I still felt like I was dying, well at least I wish I was dead.
1 year later.
The next grand prix was on. The same noise, same terror, same difficulty. But there was one difference. In the crowd was Max.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!