The Glass Jar

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

I am sitting at the beach alone wishing I could wish my life away by just clicking my fingers. I wish I could just fit inside a jar and float in the blue crystal waters of the sea. So as I walk back home I sit on my bed and start to cry myself to sleep. I wake up the next day. It’s raining. It makes me feel worse until I end up sitting on a stool looking out the window, knees to my chest. I feel my eyes filling up with tears until I am crying looking out the window in fear. I sit and sob with the rain as I wait for it to pass. I think about my mum and dad and what's happening to them but then I start to cry. I hear the rain calling my name “Alesha” I hear it call “Alesha.” The storm has slowly passed and I have walked to the beach and I am sitting at the beach on the same rock as I always do. I start to doze off and dream of beautiful dolphins jumping out of the beautiful blue water. I think of peace and harmony and wish I had that in my life. I wake up to the sound of beautiful waves. I am calm and try to keep my emotions together but I go home sobbing. Collapsing on my bed I go into a deep sleep hoping my parents are alright. I dream of the beautiful dolphins again, I see them jumping in the sunlight. Then I see the dark clouds cover the beautiful sunlight then one of the dolphins loses its mother and father. I wake up to the sound of lightning. It makes me feel scared so I cover myself in a warm blanket my mother knitted for me. I wait for the storm to stop, it slowly does. I use that time to sob and cry and I think about the dream I had. Am I the dolphin who loses her parents? Once it has stopped I walk down to the beach and sit on the same rock I always do, nothing new at all. I see a glass jar floating there still so I grab it carefully and open the little jar. I pull a letter out and surprisingly it's from no one. I decide I will write a letter too. So I pick up the glass jar and walk back home. As I am walking home I feel happy, a feeling I haven't felt in a long time. I sit down by the window and feel the beautiful breeze and begin to write.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!