The Battle

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

The battle field was set, some soldiers were to die, the human race was to be done, and Jake was together in peace. Jakes longing eyes glanced and swarmed in every direction like a cheetah hunting for survivors. He saw green smoke and white waters covered in froth. Jakes thoughts were comforting him, along with the confused, scared, hearted thoughts that roamed through his head. All he heard was the sound of gunshots ringing in and out of his head along with the sound of birds gasping their last breathe. Escaping their fate.
The crisp cobblestone buildings made him yelp in pain, as he sheltered tightly against their rough, damaged walls. He would either run or fight, He fought.
Jake picked himself up and steadied himself for the fight; the imagined weapon he was holding was set in his bruised and skinned hands. His feet felt as heavy as lead and they deceived him. Could he run? His hands were ready, they took control of his weapon and his mind reacted like a well programmed machine.
Jake also had emotional feelings when it came to his thoughts, would I return to my loving family, if not would they morn for me?
While he was fighting he could taste smoke from the salty dried out flowers that had once been mighty but now ablaze, flames having taken them.
His decision had been powerful Jake thought to himself his head was spinning confused. What if the world was at its end? He felt tempted and alone, although the feeling was mutual. The rage of power was overwhelming, the battle was over. And that one man was left.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!