Yamal

As night came the last Tasmanian Tiger came out of his burrow. He felt lonely. No one else like him? He trotted down to the stream. Whilst quietly lapping the water, he heard a rustle in the bushes. He froze, the hairs on his neck stood up. What if he got shot? There was another rustle and this time a face popped out. He recognised the face it belonged to a little aboriginal boy. He stood up and the boy ran away.
In the morning he woke up to the sound of snuffling and digging. He stumbled out of the cave. He saw the aboriginal boy again. This time the boy stayed. He moved closer and patted him then he turned and left. The Tasmanian Tiger felt lonely. He remembered the last time he saw his parents; his last words were, “stay safe”. He remembered they always went to Uluru. Then he remembered he could go back, tomorrow he would.
In the morning he woke up. Yes he would be going to Uluru. He set of, trotting all the way. Finally he reached the huge towering Uluru. He lay down, exhausted, he fell asleep. Blurry visions came to his eyes as he woke. He could hear loud voices shouting. There was a man and the little boy, and a few other men. The man came forward, he heard screams of protest from the boy. The boy was shielding him. Then he moved aside. The man held a long stick with a sharp end. Suddenly pain ran through him. Everything turned black. He had died. The men ran away leaving the boy. Hot tears spilled onto the Tasmanian Tiger’s fur. The boy dug a deep and wide hole. Slowly he laid the Tasmanian Tiger in it. “Yamal,” he whispered.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!