Not Today

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

“STOPPPP!” Lacy screamed at her little sister Lia who was shining a bright light, piercing Lacy’s eyes. “Na! Na! Na! Na! Na! Na!” Lia said nastily as she ran off as fast as a lightning bolt so that she didn’t get caught.
Lacy sat for a while mesmerised by her sister’s words. Then she got up and walked to her ten foot high bathroom with bright aqua walls and pastel pink floors. As she looked in the purple mirror, she saw a big head of hair. “OH MY GOSH!” she yelled at the sight of her horrific hair.
She used twenty cans of stay stuck hair spray but nothing would work, her hair was too frizzy. Nothing could tame this beast. She simply decided to just put it in a messy ponytail.
So she got out her bleach white shirt and saw that there was a chocolate milkshake stain on it from when Lia got too excited at the movies two weeks ago. COULD THIS DAY GET ANY WORSE? She was so MAD. So she franticly searched high and low for another shirt, eventually she found one.
It was Lacy’s job to take the camera to the beach. When she got to the beach, she was very annoyed at the relentless sound of the screeching parrots. It was so loud, she covered her ears but she forgot the camera was in her hands and it fell. Fine particles of sand flew everywhere, including inside the new, expensive camera. Lacy picked up the camera anxiously wondering if she would be in trouble.
As she walked to her mum, she said, “I dropped the camera in sand, but I can buy,” that’s when she realised that it was not her mum, she was so embarrassed. So she rang her mum with her iphone 6, luckily her mum said that the family photos were tomorrow.
She was relieved. The photos were amazing, but Lia was nowhere to be seen. She must have run off after she had been mean to Lacy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!