Taken From My Life

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

That sound. The sound that I’ve been hearing recently. The high pitched squeal of my daughter before she was taken. It’s replaying constantly in my mind. I wish I tried harder to help but it’s too late now, she is gone.
It all began tomorrow last year, at Rose’s 16th birthday. It was her dream come true, her party had everything she ever wanted. All her friends were there. There were live bands, chocolate fountains and all her favourite foods. The camp grounds were packed. It was the first time in three years I had seen her smile, ever since she had had problems with other girls over social media.
Everything was going fine until, all of a sudden, the music stopped and a man took the mic, I can’t remember what he said specifically but he made it clear that he wanted Rose and her best friend Abby up on the stage. I just thought he was a friend and was going to dedicate a song or something, but then it hit me; he was older and behind him stood the three girls who bullied Rose; Lucy, Lara and Lily.
Suddenly everything went smoky and I couldn’t even see my hand in front of my face. Everyone was screaming and trying to run away, but out of the screams, I recognised one scream. It was Rose. She was screaming for help but mid scream, her voice was smothered. That was when I lost it. That was when I ran to the stage. I was running into so many things but the thought of my daughter being taken kept me going.
As I stumbled my way up the stairs onto the stage, the smoke began to clear. I could finally see. I looked around the stage but no-one was there, as I turned around I caught a glimpse of the fluoro clothes that Abby was wearing. I jumped and ran faster than I knew I could. As I got closer, I could see Lucy, Lily and Lara giggling to each other as Rose and Abby had tape around their mouths and wrists.
I finally got to where the girls were but I was too late. I stood there yelling and weeping as the black van drove away. That was the worst day I’d ever had, the day my daughter was taken from my life.
To this day, I can still hear her voice. I can’t stop thinking about where she is or if she is even alive. I still search for her and every time I see a black van, I always check the number plate, looking for YZP-978. Until one day, I found it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!