The Big Dream

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Once there was a girl named Sienna. One night while she was sleeping she had a dream of the prettiest house. Inside was everything she wanted. There was a pool, trampoline, cubby house, sand pit and a tree house.
When suddenly RING!!!
Her alarm went off really loud.
“Time to get up and get ready,” Sienna said to herself, hopping out of bed.
Then she remembered the dream that she had last night of the house she had always wanted.
She got dressed quickly and ran to the table for breakfast.
She could see her mum and dad in the kitchen making breakfast with sizzling eggs on the pan and Dad putting green juicy avocado on our plates.
Soon they were eating and Sienna told them about her dream with a house, pool, trampoline, cubby house, sand pit, and tree house.
Sienna begged, and begged, and begged, and begged when mum finally said “Maybe” with a sigh. Mum continued, "Oh, and do you know Christmas is coming up? Yay!”
Sienna laughed happily.
It was getting closer to Christmas and soon it would be Christmas Eve.
Once it was Christmas Sienna woke early but she didn’t realize that her parents were already awake in the kitchen getting out the special croissants and spreading butter and jam on them.
Sienna jumped into the pile of presents but her mum said they had to eat breakfast first.
So Sienna ate up her food quickly and started to open the presents that said “Sienna” on them. She saw one huge one, 5 medium sized ones, and one big flat one.
Mum and Dad raced over to where Sienna was and watched her open up her presents while Dad quickly got the camera and took photos.
Sienna got a trampoline, a pool, a tree house, a sand pit, a cubby house, and a house!
But there was one more present left for her. She opened it up and there was a cute little puppy with a twinkle in its’ eye.
After they fed the dog they all had cookies and gingerbread men.
Soon when they were all full they went outside to enjoy all of the wonderful presents!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!